Uniform Clothing Brand Update | Shark Tank Season 10

Entrepreneurs Chid Liberty and Adam Butlein, pitched their clothing company during Shark Tank Season 10. Uniform isn’t just your average clothing company however. Their brand actually makes ethical clothing, and they price themselves on making a positive impact. Will any of the sharks come on board their mission? Find out in our Uniform update and pitch recap!

If you’re short on time, here’s a quick overview of what happened to Uniform after Shark Tank!

Chid Liberty and Adam Butlein appeared on Shark Tank Season 10, but ultimately walked away without a deal. In terms of a Uniform update, the company is still in business. In addition to Bloomingdales, the brand can now be found at Target, as well as the company website.

Shark: Result:
Robert Herjavec  No offer
Bethenny Frankel No offer
Lori Greiner No offer
Mark Cuban No offer
Daymond John No offer

Shark Tank Uniform Update

Uniform update

  • Entrepreneurs: Chid Liberty and Adam Butlein
  • Business: Clothing
  • Ask: $300,000 for 10% equity
  • Result: No deal
  • Sharks: None

Founders of Uniform, Chid Liberty and Adam Butlein set out to create a high-quality clothing brand, that also helps the world. Uniform is an ethical clothing brand, with minimalistic and hip-hop inspired vibes.

Additionally, the clothes are 100% made in Africa. From Egypt to Ghana, to Liberia, the duo has spent years working with the best producers on the continent.

Some of their most popular items are their super soft t-shirts, along with their women’s jump suit and their bomber jacket. But what’s more, is that they provide jobs for thousands of women, in safe factories, all throughout the continent.

If that wasn’t good enough, with each purchase, they actually donate a school uniform to a family who can’t otherwise afford one.

At this point in the pitch, the business partners pass out clothing samples to the sharks.

After earning $400,000 on Kickstarter, the company followed that by generating about $300,000 in revenue. According to Chid, he estimated that 70% of the company’s sales come from retail while the other 30% come directly from online purchases.

Daymond John asks about their history. Chid explains that in 2010, the duo started a clothing manufacturing company in Africa, called Liberty & Justice.

Because Chid is from Liberia, he wanted to help provide jobs to women after the war. He and Adam are best friends, and together they founded the first fair-trade certified factory in Africa.

With that business, they actually generated an average of $40 million in annual orders for that business.

However, in 2014, the Ebola outbreak pummeled their business, after operations had to be shut down. Thereafter, they were left with tons of fabric and needed to come up with a new plan.

They learned that when kids are give school uniforms in Africa, which they need in order to attend school there, their chances of being more successful drastically rise. So, they set out on a new mission to help make that happen, with a new clothing line.

Robert Herjavec and Lori Greiner were the first two sharks to drop out of negotiations, due to past experiences that ultimately turned out to be negative with similar companies that came onto Shark Tank.

Guest shark Bethenny Frankel wasn’t far behind the first two sharks because she had no idea about the clothing industry, and didn’t feel like she could help them with the growth of their company.

Mark Cuban also dropped out, leaving only Daymond John to potentially negotiate with.

Daymond ultimately decided to drop out as well, forcing Chid and Adam to leave Shark Tank without a deal for their company Uniform.

Did Chid and Adam manage to succeed despite their failure to secure a deal? Keep reading our Uniform update to find out!

We have good news to share in our Uniform update. Despite not getting a deal, the company remains in business, and most of its products can be found in Target and Bloomingdales, as well as its website.

The lack of a deal hasn’t seemed to slow down the good-natured company’s growth, and the future still seems bright for Uniform as Chid and Adam continue to guide the company in a positive direction.

If we learn anything new about this company, we will certainly let you know. In the meantime, you can check out our other company updates from Season 10 Episode 10, by following the links below!

For even more on companies and products, be sure to stop by our Season 10 products page!

Website | + posts

Andrew Smith is the founder and owner of Shark Tank Recap. He is a longtime Shark Tank fan that has been watching it for years and has seen every episode multiple times. His friends know him as the Shark Tank expert, because he can answer any question about the show! His favorite Shark Tank products are Bertello's pizza oven and Bug Bite Thing!