Shark Tank Season 12 Episode 6 | Recap, Products, Deals
Shark Tank Season 12 Episode 6 RecapAmazon product
If you missed
- Pitch 1: Pan’s Mushroom Jerky
- Result: $300,000 for 18% equity deal with Mark Cuban
- Pitch 2: K9 Mask
- Result: $200,000 for 40% equity deal with Daymond John
- Pitch 3: Moment Meditation Drink
- Result: None
- Pitch 4: Prime 6
- Result: $200,000 for 25% equity deal with Kevin O’Leary
If you keep reading, you’ll find a more detailed recap of each product pitch!
Pan’s Mushroom Jerky
- Entrepreneur: Michael Pan
- Business: Mushroom-based jerky
- Ask: $300,000 for 10% equity
- Result: $300,000 for 18% equity
- Shark: Mark Cuban
The first pitch on
Things got even better when Michael shared that in 2018 the company did $300,000 in sales and in 2019 did $755,000. So far in 2020, Pan’s Mushroom Jerky has done $620,000 in sales and is expecting to end the year at $1.5 million. The only downside is that currently, the company only has a 10% profit margin.Amazon product
However, all of this was enough to interest Mark Cuban, Lori Grenier, and guest shark Blake Mycoskie (founder of Toms. ) Lori and Blake decided to team up and instantly made an offer to Michael of $300,000 for 30% equity and Mark Cuban followed at $300,000 for 20% equity.
Michael thanked the sharks for their offers and told them he was not looking to give us that much equity and countered Mark’s deal at 15% instead of 20%. Mark Cuban wasn’t willing to go that low but offered to meet him in the middle at 18% equity. While all that was happening, Lori abandoned Blake and offered Michael $300,000 for 15% equity.
At the end of the day, Pan’s Mushroom Jerky accepted a deal from Mark Cuban for a $300,000 investment for 18% equity.
K9 Face Mask
- Entrepreneur: Kirby Holmes and Evan Daugherty
- Business: Face mask for your dog
- Ask: $200,000 for 20% equity
- Result: $200,000 for 40% equity
- Shark: Daymond John
Kirby Holmes and Evan Daugherty pitched their company, K9 Mask, to the sharks on
Each mask retails for $59 and costs $25 to manufacture. In the last 14 months, K9 Mask has $204,000 in sales, with around $140,000 coming in the last 12 months. While most of the sharks recognized the importance of protecting your pet during an emergency situation, four of the sharks quickly went out.
However, Daymond John stayed in and offered K9 Mask $200,000 for 45% equity. Kirby and Evan countered at 40% and Daymond accepted the deal, and K9 Mask left the tank with a new partner.
Moment Meditation Drink
- Entrepreneur: Aisha Chottani and Faheem Kajee
- Business: Meditation Drink
- Ask: $200,000 for 10% equity
- Result: No Deal
- Shark: None
Founders Aisha Chottani and Faheem Kajee appeared on
There are a couple of different flavors, which have no sugars or artificial sweeteners, and all the sharks agreed that it tasted really good. Further, Moment only launched one and a half months ago and has managed to get $15,000 in sales thus far. The product costs $0.90 cents to make and retails for $1.69 plus shipping.
Things were going alright in the tank for Aisha and Faheem until they shared that they had a $20 customer acquisition cost and were hoping to hook their consumers onto a subscription plan. Kevin O’Leary shared that never in the history of business has a subscription service model worked for a beverage company and went out, followed by the rest of the sharks. So, the Moment meditation drink left the tank without a deal.
Prime 6 Grill Logs
- Entrepreneur: Oron and Riki Franco
- Business: Hardwood based grilling logs
- Ask: $200,000 for 10% equity
- Result: $200,000 for 25% equity
- Shark: Kevin O’Leary
The final pitch on
- High performing - consistent and steady heat for multiple cooks. Highly...
- Save time, money and fuel with our charcoal. 1 LB of Prime 6 is equivalent...
Oron and Riki shared that Prime 6 has been in business for 12 months and has managed to secure $300,000 in sales thus far. However, things are just getting started for the company as it just landed a $130,000 purchase order from Lowe’s to bring the sawdust charcoal logs into its stores. The product costs $3.39 to make and retails for $18.99 or more, depending on the size.
All of this was enough to interest Kevin O’Leary and Daymond John, who made the exact same offer of $200,000 for 25% to Oron and Riki. Mark Cuban and Lori Greiner were also interested in the product, but had invested in a similar company on a previous season and had to step aside.
Once it was all said and done, Prime 6 accepted a deal with Kevin O’Leary of $200,000 for 25% equity.
For more Season 12 episode recaps, be sure to check out the links below:
- Shark Tank Season 12 Episode 5 Recap
- Shark Tank Season 12 Episode 4 Recap
- Shark Tank Season 12 Episode 3 Recap
Additionally, for a full list of products from Season 12, be sure to check out our Season 12 products page!