Surprise Cake appeared on
Surprise Cake Update After
- Entrepreneur: Jordan Long and Liz Charm
- Business: Surprise gifts inside of a cake
- Ask: $200,000 for 8% equity
- Result: No Deal
- Shark: None
Mother and son founders Liz Charm and Jordan Long pitched their company, Surprise Cake, to the sharks on Shark Tank Season 12 Episode 4. As the name implies, Surprise Cake is a popping cake stand that hides a surprise within a cake. When you pull the pin, the surprise pops out of the top of the cake in a plastic tube.
While the idea may sound silly, Surprise Cake’s popping cake stand managed to sell $280,000 worth of stands in 2019 and was able to secure a design patent on their product. However, things took a quick turn in the tank when Jordan and Liz told the sharks that they wanted to sell pre-made cakes and pre-packaged gifts to their customers. Between this and the high valuation, Surprise Cake left the tank without a deal from the sharks.
- The original, patented Popping Cake Stand by Surprise Cake
- Completely hides gifts inside of a cake. The Popping Stand can support...
There hasn’t been a Surprise Cake update after
If we get an official Surprise Cake update in the future, we will be sure to let you know!
For updates on the other products featured on Season 12 Episode 4, check out the links below:
- Jada Spices Chicken Salt Update
- Flipstik Phone Case Update
- Mighty Carver Chainsaw Electric Knife Update