Shark Tank Season 12 Episode 5 Recap
We know you’re busy, so below you’ll find a quick recap of Season 12 Episode 5 of
- Pitch 1: Fitfighter
- Result: $250,000 for 25% equity deal with Daniel Lubetzsky
- Pitch 2: LIFTiD
- Result: No Deal
- Pitch 3: Foam Party Hats
- Result: $100,000 for 25% equity deal with Mark Cuban and Lori Greiner
- Pitch 4: Bee D’Vine Honey Wine
- Result: $750,000 for 40% deal with Mark Cuban, Lori Greiner, Robert Herjavec, and Daniel Lubetzsky
Further down, you’ll find a complete
- Entrepreneur: Sarah Apgar
- Business: Weighted exercise hose
- Ask: $250,000 for 15% equity
- Result: $250,000 for 25% equity
- Shark: Daniel Lubetzsky
During the first pitch of
Time to replace the dumbbell sets, barbell weights, and stationary weight sets. The Fitfighter Steelhose is a soft free weight tool designed to strengthen the entire body for sports performance and everyday fitness goals.
Sarah shared with the sharks that pre-COVID, Fitfighter had done a total of $45,000 in sales. This forced her to switch her business model from selling to gyms and trainers to selling online and in 10-weeks she managed to match those sales. She has also launched an app, which has a free and paid version as well as online training videos for her customers.
All of this was enough to interest guest shark Daniel Lubetzsky, founder of KIND Snacks, who offered Sarah $250,000 for 25% equity, which she accepted.
- Entrepreneur: Ken and Allyson Davidov
- Business: Neurostimulation band
- Ask: $200,000 for 10% equity
- Result: No deal
- Shark: None
The second pitch on
If you’re a long time
We’ve partnered with six companies to put together a Shark Tank Stocking Stuffer Box that’s worth $100! Here’s everything that’s in the box:
- Sheets Laundry Club Travel Packs x2
- Honey Bee Bars - 12 Pack
- Snactiv Finger Chopsticks
- FryAway Cooking Oil Solidifier
- Pizza Pack
- Nature’s Wild Berry Sampler Pack
Foam Party Hats
- Entrepreneur: Manuel and Grace Rojas
- Business: Custom designed foam hats
- Ask: $100,000 for 15% equity
- Result: $100,000 for 25% equity
- Shark: Mark Cuban and Lori Greiner
Mother and son team Manuel and Grace Rojas pitched their company, Foam Party Hats, to the sharks on
After giving each shark their own custom hat, things got rolling in the tank and Manuel and Grace shared that in 2017 the company did $25,000 in sales and so far in 2020 it had done $153,000. While all of the sharks loved the company, Kevin O’Leary, Robert Herjavec, and Mark Cuban decided that it wasn’t for them and decided to go out. However, Daniel Lubetzsky was interested and was willing to make an offer, contingent on Manuel quitting his day job as a chemical engineer.
However, Mark Cuban disagreed with Daniel’s requirement and decided to come back in with Lori Greiner as a partner on the deal. So, Foam Party Hats found itself with the following offers:
- Daniel: $100,000 for 30% contingent on Manuel quitting his job
- Mark and Lori: $100,000 for 25% with no contigencies
Foam Party Hats left the tank with a deal from Mark Cuban and Lori Greiner for a $100,000 investment for 25% equity.
Bee D’Vine Honey Wine
- Entrepreneur: Ayele Solomon
- Business: Honey based wine
- Ask: $750,000 for 25% equity
- Result: $750,000 for 40% equity
- Shark: Mark Cuban, Lori Greiner, Robert Herjavec, and Daniel Lubetzsky
During the final pitch on
However, despite a great tasting product, the sharks weren’t impressed that Bee D’Vine Honey Wine had only managed to sell $400,000 in the product over the past six years. However, in the past 12 months, the company has done $115,000 in sales, so it seems it’s headed in the right direction.
Ayele shared that a bottle costs between $39-49 at retail, while only costing around $5 to make. Mark Cuban shared that he believed Bee D’Vine needed an entry-level wine that only cost around $15 for new customers to try out and the other sharks agreed and teamed up to make Ayele an offer that included four of the five sharks. After it was all said and done, Bee D’Vine Honey Wine left the tank with a $750,000 investment for a 40% equity deal from Mark Cuban, Lori Greiner, Robert Herjavec, and Daniel Lubetzsky.
For more episode recaps, be sure to check the links below:
- Shark Tank Season 12 Episode 4 Recap
- Shark Tank Season 12 Episode 3 Recap
- Shark Tank Season 12 Episode 2 Recap
Additionally, for a full list of products from Season 12, be sure to check out our Season 12 products page!
Andrew Smith is the founder and owner of Shark Tank Recap. He is a longtime Shark Tank fan that has been watching it for years and has seen every episode multiple times. His friends know him as the Shark Tank expert, because he can answer any question about the show! His favorite Shark Tank products are Bertello's pizza oven and Bug Bite Thing!