The Pillar Learning Codi Robot appeared on
Pillar Learning Update After
- Entrepreneur: William Mock, Dayu Yang, Chris Oslebo
- Business: Educational robot for kids
- Ask: $500,000 for 10% equity
- Result: $500,000 for 25% equity
- Shark: Robert Herjavec
Pillar Learning appeared on Shark Tank Season 12 Episode 8 and introduced the sharks to its Codi Robot and educational material for kids. Founders William Mock, Dayu Yang, Chris Oslebo explained that Codi aims to engage kids in educational stories, songs, and informational discussions. Paired with an app, the Codi Robot will allow parents to choose what content their kids interact with and will even allow them to talk to their kids through the robot.
- Three Content Playlists: 1) Songs that promote motor skill development and...
- Real, Expressive Voice: Tired of smart speakers and toys that sound boring...
With over 2,500 units sold, Pillar Learning is hoping to get the sharks help in expanding its online platform and working its way into brick and mortar stores. At the time of its pitch on
However, this wasn’t enough to interest the sharks and all five of them went out. However, with a last-ditch effort, William, Dayu, and Chris were able to get Robert Herjavec to come back in and make an offer of $500,000 for 25% equity, which they accepted.
At the time of writing, we haven’t gotten an official Pillar Learning update after
For updates on the other products featured in Season 12 Episode 8, check out the links below:
- Peekaboo Organics Vegetable Ice Cream Update
- Brake Free Technologies Update
- Click & Carry Hands-Free Carrier Update
For more Season 12 product updates, be sure to check out our Season 12 products page!